Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

OKAY, THANK

[00:00:01]

YOU.

WELL, GOOD EVENING, EVERYBODY.

IT'S GOOD TO SEE EVERYBODY

[ AGENDA EDUCATION COMMITTEE OF THE CULTURE AND DIVERSITY CITIZENS ACTION COMMISSION Police Division - Community Room 6121 Taylorsville Road February 23, 2021 6:30 P.M. ]

NOW THIS EVENING, I LIKE TO CALL THE ORDER TO ORDER THE HUBER HEIGHTS, CULTURE AND DIVERSITY.

THIS AN ACTION COMMISSION EDUCATION COMMITTEE MEETING ON TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23RD, 2021 AT 6:34 PM.

MAY I PLEASE HAVE A ROLL CALL OF THOSE IN ATTENDANCE? UM, OH, I WILL DO THAT.

YES.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU.

ALL RIGHT, NEXT WE'LL GO TO ITEM NUMBER THREE, ADOPTS ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA.

MAY I HAVE A MOTION, MOTION TO ADOPT MOTION TO ADOPT THE AGENDA WITH ANY NECESSARY CORRECTIONS MAY HAVE A SECOND PLACE.

IT HAS BEEN PROPERLY MOVED BY DR.

AKINS AND SECONDED BY MRS. HONAKER THAT WE ACCEPT THE AGENDA OR THE FEBRUARY 23RD EDUCATION COMMITTEE.

YES, NEXT WEEK WE WILL GO TO ITEM NUMBER FIVE OLD BUSINESS.

NOW IN REGARDS TO OLD BUSINESS ITEMS, A, B, AND C KIND OF COINCIDE WITH EACH OTHER.

BUT ONE START WITH ITEM NUMBER A, WHICH IS THE STATUS OF THE EDUCATION COMMITTEE BUDGET.

HAS WE ALL KNOW AT THE LAST OKAY.

AS MICHONNE.

OKAY.

CAN Y'ALL HEAR ME STILL? YES.

OKAY.

AT THE LAST COMMISSION MEETING, AS YOU ALL KNOW, WE'RE AWARE, WE DID, UM, PROPOSE TO THE COMMISSION ON BEHALF OF OUR COMMITTEE, OUR BUDGET PROPOSAL, BASED ON AT THE TIME, OUR QUARTERLY FORUMS THAT WE WANTED TO HAVE, AND THE BUDGET THAT WE HAD RECOMMENDED TO THE COMMISSION TO COMMEND RECOMMEND TO CITY COUNCIL WAS $5,000.

NOW I AM NOT SURE IF EITHER OF YOU HAD SEEN THE WORK COUNCIL SESSION LAST TUESDAY EVENING, AND EVEN YESTERDAY CITY COUNCIL.

HOW DID I? OKAY.

OKAY, SO I DID, OH, GO AHEAD.

I'M SORRY.

TODAY.

I THOUGHT I'VE GOT TO WAKE UP.

I'M SET.

YEAH.

I'M SORRY.

YOU WERE BREAKING UP ON ME, FRED I'M MATT.

SORRY.

UM, I SAW THE CITY COUNCIL MEETING AND I MISSED YESTERDAY, SO I DIDN'T CATCH THE, THE COUNCIL MEETING YESTERDAY.

I TOLD THE WORK SESSION.

OKAY.

WELL, HAS YOU SAW MIA INTELLECTUALLY KNOW FRED, UM, YOLANDA AND RHONDA AS CHAIRS AND CO-CHAIRS FOR THE COMMISSION? THEY DID BRING UP ALL OF THE RECOMMENDATIONS THAT WE HAD, UM, VOTED AND CONCURRED ON DURING OUR LAST COMMISSION MEETING AND CITY COUNCIL, UM, DID NOT HAVE FURTHER DISCUSSION AT THIS POINT AS OF YESTERDAY'S MEETING.

SO WE REALLY DON'T HAVE ANYTHING APPROVED AS FAR AS THAT $5,000.

SO AT THIS POINT, I STILL NEED TO KEEP IN MIND THAT WE TECHNICALLY HAVE THAT $1,000 AS A COMMISSION AT THIS POINT.

I'M SORRY.

SO NOTHING WAS APPROVED FOR ANY OF THE REQUESTS THAT RECOMMENDATIONS THAT WERE MADE? NO.

AND I HAD TALKED TO YOLANDA TODAY TO CONFIRM, UH, SHE HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO VIEW THE CITY COUNCIL MEETING YESTERDAY.

SHE TOLD ME NO, BUT I DID UPDATE HER ON WHAT I SAW.

SO SHE, I GUESS, SENT AN EMAIL, UM, TO FOLLOW UP ON THIS.

UM, I'M NOT SURE WHO SHE DIDN'T GET BACK IN TOUCH WITH ME THIS AFTERNOON TO GIVE ME MORE INFORMATION.

SO WITH THAT IN MIND,

[00:05:01]

I KNOW THAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HAVING OUR FIRST FORUM NEXT MONTH AND WE HAVE TWO TENTATIVE SPEAKERS.

THANKS TO ME AS SUGGESTION.

UM, DR.

NICOLE CARTER AND DR.

.

THANK YOU.

SO, IN MY DISCUSSION WITH YOLANDA, SHE SAID AT THIS POINT IN TIME, BECAUSE OF THE BUDGETARY CONSTRAINTS AS A WHOLE, THAT WE'RE UNDER THAT WE COULD PUSH THIS TO THE SECOND COURT.

UM, IF YOU ALL ARE IN AGREEMENT TO THAT, WE JUST NEED TO COME UP WITH THE TENDER DATE.

AND ALSO THERE ARE FIVE WITH THE OTHER COMMITTEES.

HOW MUCH OUT OF THAT $1,000 ARE THEY PLANNING TO SPEND AT THIS POINT? BUT, UM, I WANT TO GET YOUR THOUGHTS AS FAR AS WHERE WE STAND RIGHT NOW WITH THAT.

SO YOU WERE THINKING MOVE IT TO SOMETIME AFTER JUNE OR EARLIER, SOMETIME IN THE SECOND QUARTER, BUT I KNOW THAT OUTREACH, WE HAVE A MAJOR EMAIL EVENT THAT WE'RE PLANNING AS FAR AS THE FESTIVAL.

SO BASED ON THE TIME TO PLAN FOR THAT, DO YOU ALL WANT TO PUSH THIS FORUM TO MAYBE EARLY, UM, JULY AT THE START OF THE QUARTER? OR DO YOU THINK WE CAN DO BOTH PROJECTS? UM, AND AGAIN, ALL DEPENDS ON THE FUNDS AND WE KNOW THAT FOR THE FESTIVAL, IT MAY, IT'S ONE CLASS MORE THAN A THOUSAND DOLLARS.

YEAH.

I MEAN, THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

I'M SORRY, THESE PROGRAMMING WITH VERY LIMITED.

I MEAN, I I'M GOING BACK WHAT THE ACTUAL, WHAT THEY'RE SAYING IS I THINK WHAT MADE US AS CITY COUNCIL AND SAY YOU GAVE US THIS, THIS IS A BIG TASK TO DO 1,050 LIST MOVIE AFTER MOVIE.

I KNOW MORE THAN THE DOLLAR FOR OTHERS.

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT MAP TO ADDRESS NOW IN OUR AREA AND, AND AS WOMEN, UM, I MEAN THE SPEAKER FOR COSTS THAT WHOLE PROBABLY MEANT NOTHING TO ANYBODY ELSE.

SO, UM, I JUST LISTENED TO IT BEFORE THIS MEETING BECAUSE I'M WORDING ISSUES BEFORE, AND THEN I WOULD HAVE BEEN TODAY.

YEAH, I'LL GO AHEAD AND I'LL MAKE MY COMMENT AFTER YOU GO AHEAD.

I, I, I JUST THINK MAYBE IT'S SOMETHING THAT WE HAVE TO GO IN A GROUP AND NOT RHONDA, RHONDA.

I FELT THAT THEY TRIED THEIR BEST TO, TO BRING UP AND WORK, BUT I THINK MAYBE IT'S MORE OF A NURSE TO GET THAT CLEARED TO COUNSEL BECAUSE WE CAN'T FESTIVAL HOURS.

UM, YEAH.

AND NOW I WILL SAY THIS, I'M SORRY, FRED.

NOW LET YOU SPEAK FROM WATCHING THE, UM, COUNCIL WORK SESSION WHEN YOLANDA DID BRING UP HAVING THAT DIALOGUE, AS FAR AS OUR FIRST FORUM MEMBERS ON THE CITY COUNCIL WERE VERY RECEPTIVE TO IT.

IF YOU WATCH THAT SESSION, WHICH I WOULD ADVISE YOU BOTH TO DO, BUT WE NEED FUNDS IN ORDER TO HAVE A CONDUCIVE AND SUCCESSFUL EVENT.

SO, I MEAN, AT THIS POINT, I DON'T KNOW, BUT THE GO AHEAD FOR IT.

OKAY.

UM, WELL, I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE, THE TONE OF THE ROOM WAS WHEN THEY ASKED.

UM, SO IT'S, IT'S DIFFICULT TO GAUGE WHY, UH, THE FUNDS WERE NOT ALLOWED OR WHATEVER THE CASE MAY BE.

SO I DON'T KNOW.

UM, I'M, I'M SURE THERE'S SOME DISCRETIONARY MONEY SOMEWHERE.

AND, UH, W WHERE DOES, WHERE WAS THIS DECISION? THIS DECISION, OBVIOUSLY WASN'T MADE IN THE ROOM LAST NIGHT, RIGHT? WAS IT MADE AFTER THE MEETING? UM, DID THEY HAVE THOSE SESSIONS? WELL, FROM TALKING WITH YOLANDA, SHE SAID

[00:10:01]

TODAY TO ME THAT THEY MAY MAKE A DECISION AFTER LAST NIGHT, INSTEAD OF, TO ME, I'M ASSUMING THE NEXT COUNCIL SESSION, BUT AGAIN, I WOULD NEED TO GET, YOU KNOW, CLARITY ON THAT INFORMATION.

I THINK IT'S GOING TO BE WHATEVER IT IS.

IT'S GOING TO BE A CLOSED SESSION.

CAUSE WE'RE ASKING FOR STUFF THAT'S OFF BUDGET.

UM, I, HOW THEY COME UP WITH THE MONEY, IF, IF ANY OF IT, I DON'T THINK IT'S A LARGE AMOUNT.

UH, BUT THEY GIVE IT SOME CONSIDERATION.

I MEAN, W WE'RE PLANNING EVENTS FOR HUBER HEIGHTS, NOT, YOU KNOW, WHEN I, WHEN THESE THINGS IN A VACUUM, WE'RE HAVING THESE, THESE CONVERSATIONS IN PUBLIC FORUMS AND, OR AT LEAST, UM, THAT ARE ACCESSIBLE PUBLIC ALBEIT UH, LAST MEETING IN JANUARY.

WELL, NOT EARLIER, THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME THAT SOMEONE OTHER THAN THE COMMITTEE WAS PRESENT.

SO MAYBE THEY, THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING.

UH, THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT ACTIVITIES WE HAVE PLANNED.

I DON'T KNOW.

IT COULD BE ANYTHING.

IT COULD BE JUST DON'T WANT US TO DO ANYTHING.

I MEAN, YEAH, YEAH.

CAUSE I HONESTLY SAY THIS AND AGAIN, PLEASE WATCH THAT THE SESSION.

UM, BUT WE'LL, YOU KNOW, JUST TO CLARIFY WHAT YOU JUST SAID, FRED, THERE WORK QUESTIONS BROUGHT UP AS FAR AS ARE WE ACKNOWLEDGING CERTAIN GROUPS, ETHNIC GROUPS IN TERMS OF, YOU KNOW, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.

BUT IF YOU WATCH, YOU KNOW, OUR PRIOR MEETINGS, EVEN THE CON THE BOARD, THE COMMISSION MEETINGS AND THE, UM, COMMITTEE MEETINGS, YOU WILL SEE THAT WE'VE HAD THAT DIALOGUE IN TERMS OF ACKNOWLEDGING VARIOUS GROUPS.

SO THERE REALLY SHOULDN'T BEEN ANY QUESTION AS TO WHETHER WE'RE GOING TO KNOWLEDGE, BUT THE TURKISH COMMUNITY OR THE LGBTQ COMMUNITY, YOU KNOW, AS EXAMPLES, I THINK LIKE OUR EDUCATION, WE NEED ONE SPEAKER BECAUSE I LISTEN, I DIDN'T YESTERDAY, BEFORE, AND THE SAME PEOPLE KEEP MENTIONING THINGS ABOUT BRINGING UP DIFFERENT CULTURES, DIFFERENT THINGS.

AND I'VE HAD TO CORRECT PEOPLE SO MANY TIMES, LIKE WE ARE ADDRESSING THIS, IT CORRECTLY.

IT'S PART OF HISTORY.

SO WE HAVE BLACK, THAT'S ONLY GOING TO FOCUS ON BLACK HISTORY RIGHT NOW.

BLACK HAS WOMEN IN THERE AND I GET TIRED OF THEM BRINGING UP DIFFERENT HOLIDAYS.

LIKE THEY KEEP MENTIONING CINCO THEM, LATINOS DON'T MAKE IT, YOU KNOW, BECAUSE SOMEBODY HAD REACHED OUT TO ME ABOUT THE PROCLAMATIONS.

WHY ARE WE ONLY DOING THESE TWO HOLIDAYS? AND I SAID, THESE ARE NOT QUALITY.

EITHER JUNE SHOULD HAVE BEEN RECOGNIZED.

IT WASN'T JUST THIS YEAR.

SO IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN RECOGNIZED AND THEY SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN ON HOLIDAY.

THAT'S JUST AN IMPORTANT PART OF OUR, THOSE THINGS DO.

AND THAT'S WHY PROBLEM IS A WRONG.

IT MIGHT START TO SAY, DO A PROCLAMATION FOR HOLIDAYS.

THAT'S GOING TO BE EVERY SINGLE HOLIDAYS.

AND THERE'S LITERALLY HUNDREDS, THOUSANDS, CULTURALLY.

WE CAN'T MALL THESE BECAUSE THESE TWO, LIKE I SAID CORRECTLY, IT'S MAKING SOMETHING RIGHT.

THAT WHEN YOU FIX THE PERSON, ULTIMATELY, THAT'S WHAT WE NEED TO ADDRESS TO THE COUNCIL TO EXPLAIN THAT WE ARE SAYING THIS, THAT'S WHY I WAS THINKING, MAYBE THAT'S MORE NUMBERS.

IF WE DO IT AS A WHOLE COMMISSION, THEY CAN UNDERSTAND THAT WE ARE LOOKING AT ALL THIS STUFF.

THIS IS, YOU KNOW, I DON'T KNOW, JUST, SORRY.

NO, NO, NO.

THAT'S OKAY.

THAT'S OKAY.

AND I WILL, YOU KNOW, LET YOU BOTH KNOW DURING THIS SESSION, YOLANDA DISTRESS, HOW OTHER, YOU KNOW, COMMUNITIES, ORGANIZATIONS, THEY ARE KNOWLEDGING, UM, INDIGENOUS PEOPLE DAY.

SO, YOU KNOW, EVERYBODY'S DOING IT.

SO WHY CAN'T WE, WHY CAN'T WE, WE SHOULD.

BUT, UM, YOU KNOW, FOR ME PERSONALLY, YOU KNOW, MY MAIN CONCERN IS, YOU KNOW, THE FUNDING FROM THE WHOLE COMMISSION, WE HAVE ALL THESE GREAT IDEAS

[00:15:01]

AND THESE PROJECTS AND THEY KNOW WE'VE BEEN WORKING HARD IS VERY APPARENT.

YOU KNOW, I DON'T SEE WHAT THE ISSUE IS.

AS FAR AS THE DELAY IN FUNDING.

UM, NOW I WILL MENTION, AND I'M READING THE RECOMMENDATIONS THAT YOU LINED TO HAVE ADDRESSED.

YOU BOTH ARE, PROBABLY ARE AWARE OF THIS.

THERE WERE TWO GRANTS, ONE FOR THE MONTGOMERY COUNTY GRANT WHERE THE DEADLINE PASSED FEBRUARY 10TH.

AND THE OTHER IS A GRANT FROM UNITED WAY FOR RACIAL EQUITY FOR 2,500.

AND THE DEADLINE IS MARCH 10TH.

NOW I DON'T RECALL WHO INITIALLY BROUGHT THAT UP.

UM, IF IT WAS SOMEONE FROM CITY COUNCIL, UM, OUT OF RECALL, UM, THAT'S THE PROPOSAL, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE ELSE FOR IT TO BE.

I LOOKED INTO IT AND IT'S BASICALLY FOR GRASSROOTS ORGANIZATIONS.

SO THOSE WHO DON'T HAVE BUDGET OVER THE CONVENTION INDIVIDUALLY, OUTSIDE OF THE CITY, WE DON'T LIKE, BECAUSE WE HAD PEOPLE ASK ABOUT THAT.

AND THEY SAID, NO, BECAUSE THEY CAN SUPERVISE TODAY AS THE, SO OBVIOUSLY YOU MATCH THEIR REQUIREMENTS.

SO WE MAY NOT EVEN BE ELIGIBLE FOR THAT, BUT THERE ARE, UM, OTHER GRANTS LEASED.

BUT THE THING WE CAN'T, I MEAN, I HAVE A JOB.

SO I THOUGHT, WHY WOULD WE EXPECT ANOTHER ORGANIZATION TO SUPPORT OUR EVENTS? BECAUSE THAT'S GOING TO ASK IF YOU HAVE FUNDING AND WE CAN'T SAY, NO, THEY WON'T GIVE US FUNDING.

THEY'RE GOING TO BE LIKE, NO, YOU'RE A CITY THAT CAN ACCOMMODATE.

SO I FIRST LEARNED THIS, UM, I KNOW THIS IS ALL POTTERY.

IS THIS HERE'S THE PAINT BACK OUTSIDE THERE'S GIVES US TIME.

UM, BUT FOR THE FIRST SPEAKER PEAK AND SHE, UM, SHE WAS EITHER YOUR MOM OR FEEDING OUTSIDE, MAYBE TO HIM WANTING TO DO THE FIRST SESSION SOONER THAN LATER.

AND THAT IS IN MARCH.

OBVIOUSLY I DON'T HAVE TIME TO GET TOGETHER OR THE 30TH THAT WE CAUSE THIS TO HAPPEN.

WE SHOULD HAVE, AND MAYBE DO DIFFERENT TOPICS THAT MAYBE A DIFFERENT TIME GET OUT OF PEOPLE IN THE COMMUNITY CHANGES.

IT DIDN'T GO TO THE MARCH ONE, DR.

CARTER, DR.

I'M A GIRL AS GUESTS TO THIS FIRST ONE, SINCE WE COULDN'T HAVE THEM FACILITATE, BUT THEIR WILLINGNESS TO DO THAT, YOU KNOW, FROM US, JUST INVITE THEM TO PARTICIPATE.

SO WE GET THOSE OUT AND I PUT THE PRIEST IN THE WORK, I WOULD SAY, THIS IS A MOVEMENT, BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS.

PEOPLE WOULD WANT TO HAVE AN INCREASE IN A COMMUNITY ONCE AGAIN, THEY ISSUE, BUT IT'S INCREASED PEER TO PEER FOR MORE COMMUNITY HERE, THEY'RE FEELING MORE FIT.

SO I IMPORTANT TO TALK.

WE WANT TO TALK ABOUT HOW SENSITIVE, HOW TO ADDRESS ISSUES.

I SEE, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU WORK WITH LIKE THE EVERYTHING HEIGHTS AND EVERYTHING, YOU SEE COMMENTS IT'S OKAY.

I THINK YOU DELAY GETTING IT.

WE'RE NOT GOING TO MESS IT UP SO WE CAN KEEP WITH THIS YOUR BIT WITH ONE DAY AND SEE FEELING BEST FOR THIS ONE.

SINCE WE'RE WAITING.

I MEAN, WE CAN, MAYBE I'M NOT A CHANCE OF GETTING

[00:20:01]

FUNDS.

WE CAN ARGUE OUR CASE WITH THE CITY.

SO, YOU KNOW, AND THEN MAKE MORE HAPPEN FOR THE NEXT YEAR.

MAYBE WE CAN DO, LIKE, IF YOU LEARN THAT IT'S WILLING TO DO SOMETHING LIKE FACILITATE A CONVERSATION, RIGHT? SO IF YOU BRING IN A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE IN THE ROOM AND THEN, YOU KNOW, ESTABLISH THAT SPACE TO HAVE A DIALOGUE, IF YOU WILL.

SO NOT SO MUCH IN, YOU KNOW, I DON'T KNOW WHAT HER CREDENTIALS ARE, BUT, UM, TO, UH, BASICALLY FACILITATE A CONVERSATION ABOUT RACE RELATIONS AND INTERACTION AND, AND, UM, BASICALLY APPROACHING OR ADDRESSING NEIGHBORS ON A KROGER AND MEYER AND HOW DO WE INTERACT AND THAT KIND OF STUFF.

I THINK, UM, JUST TO HEIGHTEN AWARENESS OF THE FACT THAT WE DO HAVE NEXT QUARTER, SOME OTHER PEOPLE COMING WHO ARE, UM, PROBABLY A LITTLE BIT MORE ENGAGED ACADEMICALLY, UH, IN, IN, IN THAT SPACE, THAT MIGHT BE A GOOD WAY TO START AND USE THAT AS A AND THEY IN THAT NOT, WOW, THAT'S WHAT I WANT.

THEY WANT GOOD IDEAS.

AND SO YOU DO THAT AND THEN MOVE ON WITH THAT.

BUT DEFINITELY I FEEL WE SHOULD HOLD CITY COUNCIL ACCOUNTABLE SINCE FROM WATCHING THAT COUNCIL WORK SESSION, THEY DID EXPRESS INTERESTS, RIGHT? THAT DIRECTLY THEY SEE A NEED FOR THIS.

SO THEY FEEL THAT STRONGLY ABOUT IT.

THEY SHOULD HELP ADVOCATE FOR THIS EVENT TO BE HELD.

AND THIS I KNOW ARE GOING TO COME TO THE EVENT.

THIS IS WHAT, WHEN WE ARE PROGRAM, OKAY.

I WILL TALK TO YOU ALONDA TOMORROW MORE DETAIL ON OUR BEHALF AND LET THE COMMITTEE KNOW PRIOR TO OUR COMMISSION MEETING NEXT THURSDAY.

UM, BUT YEAH, WE HAVE TO GET THE BALL ROLLING NOW, AS FAR AS IT BEING VIRTUAL, UM, I'M SURE Y'ALL SEEING, YOU KNOW, DIFFERENT FORUMS BEING HELD ON FACEBOOK.

CAN WE DO THAT? FACEBOOK LIVES ON YOUR PHONE? I MEAN, IT'S SET UP TO BE LIKE, WHEN WERE THEY IN? LIKE, LIKE THEY MEETING CITY INSIDE THE CITY.

SO WE, UM, WE CAN, WE CAN, UM, I THINK WE MAY HAVE TO ROLL WITH THAT BECAUSE I THINK RHONDA HAS.

YEAH.

AND SHE DID IT.

SO IT'S NOT THAT DIFFICULT TO DO.

I MEAN, I MEAN, DEPENDING ON YOUR LEVEL OF TECHNICAL APTITUDE, BUT, UH, AND FAMILIARITY WITH FACEBOOK.

SO, I MEAN, IF YOU CAN NAVIGATE THE PLATFORM, YOU CAN GO LIVE ON YOUR PHONE.

I CAN REACH OUT TO STUDENTS.

LIKE THEY KNOW HOW TO DO CONTESTS THE WHOLE WAY.

SO YOU MAY BE THINKING OF DOING A FACEBOOK LIVE BROADCAST OF THAT CONVERSATION IN THE ROOM.

I GUESS WE CAN ASK COMMENT LIVE ON, ON FACEBOOK LIVES SO THEY CAN COMPLETE COMMENTS AS THEY, AS THEY DO.

SO WE CAN'T ANSWER QUESTIONS EXCEPT ONE OF US MONITOR PALMER.

AND I THINK IT'S A GREAT CAUSE PEOPLE ARE FAMILIAR WITH, I THINK THERE ARE A LOT OF, I THINK, UM, WHAT WE CALLED IT, UH, IT'S JUST ZOOMED DOWN EVERYBODY TRULY.

AND WE CAN, WE COULD PROBABLY USE THIS ROOM.

YEAH, THIS WAS, I MEAN, I DON'T KNOW IF YOU COULD SEE IT.

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THIS ROOM ON JANE? NO, NO.

I HAVE AT WESTERN, UM, SAFETY PAPERS AND THEN, UH, YEAH, WE CAN USE IT AND NOT HAVE SAFE DISTANCE TO SCHEDULE WITH THE CITY HALL.

YEAH.

OKAY.

WELL I WILL, OH, GO AHEAD.

GO AHEAD, FRED.

[00:25:01]

I'LL JUST COUNT TO EIGHT.

IF THERE, THERE ARE NINE TABLES HERE.

OKAY.

STABLE, MORE YOLANDA WOULD BE AT THE DIALOGUE THING.

SO ONE OF US WILL BE FILMING.

SO I THINK THIS, THIS IS DOABLE AND THERE'S SOME WAY WITH THIS ROOM.

UM, MIGHT HAVE A CAMERA.

I SEE THAT.

I DON'T KNOW IF THAT'S A SECURITY CAMERA OR NOT, BUT CAN WE USE THAT TOO? AND I DON'T, THE PURPOSE OF IS WE CAN, UM, SET UP A COMPUTER HERE AND YEAH, NO, THANK YOU.

THANK YOU BOTH FOR THOSE SUGGESTIONS.

I LOVE THAT.

UM, NOW, AS FAR AS THE NAME FOR THE FORUM, I KNOW WE WERE, YOU KNOW, COLLABORATING IDEAS AS FAR AS THE MOST.

WELL, I'LL SAY IT POLITICALLY CORRECT TERM TO USE.

AND FROM THE MINUTES I SEE THAT WE HAVE A TIMELY PERSON RECOGNIZED PREJUDICE.

SAY THAT AGAIN, A TIME A PERSON RECOGNIZED PREJUDICE.

OKAY.

YEAH.

DID WE WANT TO GO WITH THAT OR MADAM CHAIR AS A POINT OF ORDER DID NOT APPROVE THE MINUTES.

I DON'T HAVE TO.

OKAY.

I DON'T THINK I DID.

I THINK IT'S FOR THE BIG COMMISSIONS YOU DO, BUT I THINK MULTIMEDIA MEETINGS, YOU DON'T HAVE TO, IF I RE ROBERT'S RULE ORDER, CAUSE WE HAVE, UM, WE HAVE SUBSIDIES WITH OUR BIG PITY FOR STAFF SENATE AND WE NEVER HAVE TO APPROVE MEETING.

THEY, THEY SAID AFTER, SO I THINK IT'S MOST OF THE MEETINGS, YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THE FORMAL VOTING.

WHAT ABOUT THIS LIKE THAT? SO I'M SORRY.

I'M SORRY.

YOU GO BACK TO YOUR SAYING SO WE DON'T HAVE TO APPROVE OUR COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES.

I DON'T THINK, I THINK THAT WE PAY, I MEAN, WE CAN GO AHEAD AND DO THAT IF WE PERFORM A LEAK, BUT I MEAN, I THINK, OKAY.

WE'RE OKAY.

WE SMALL MEETINGS TOO.

UM, I THINK THE BIG COMMISSION.

OKAY.

OKAY.

OKAY.

I'LL KEEP THAT IN MIND, GOING FORWARD.

SO THE MINUTES ARE JUST INTERNAL FOR US IN TERMS OF WHAT WHAT'S BEST FOR BUSINESS.

OKAY.

WE COULD ASK MR. SCHUMER, NEXT TIME YOU SEE HIM, ORDER IS ON THAT.

THAT'S HOW OUR STAFF ARE FLIPPED COMMITTEE VOTE ON THE BIG SONG WE VOTED.

SO, UM, I WAS THINKING ABOUT THIS SERIES.

YOU CAN CALL IT SERIES OR MAYBE LIKE DIALOGUE DIVERSITY AND THEN WHATEVER SERIES IS DIFFERENT, BUT THAT'D BE THE MAKING OF THE SERIES.

WHAT DO YOU THINK, OR OF THE DIALOGUE ON, AND THEN EACH QUARTER HAS A DIFFERENT TOPIC AS WE TALKED ABOUT, BUT THAT'S ADVERTISING AND GIVE IT A BRAND THAT'S UP.

I DO GRAPHIC STUFF.

SO WE'LL SAY LIKE A DIALOGUE ON DIVERSITY AS THE BIG OVERVIEW ARCHING NAME, AND THEN WHATEVER THAT MONTH, WHATEVER THAT WE'RE DOING.

OKAY.

SO DIALOGUE ON DIVERSITY.

MIA DOES THAT.

OKAY.

AND THEN WE HAVE FOUR VISUAL AREAS THAT CAN ASK, UM, YOLANDA WAS WILLING TO TALK AND HURT AND WHAT YOU POKE HER, WHAT DOES SHE, THE JAZZ MADE GOOD TITLE AS SHE'S TALKING ABOUT.

OKAY.

FOR THIS FIRST FORM.

YEAH, BECAUSE EVEN TALKING WITH HER ABOUT THIS FIRST FORM, HER VISION WAS TO HAVE SOMEONE FROM THE MINORITY AUDIENCE AND THE MAJORITY AUDIENCE DISCUSS HOW TO VIEW EACH OTHER'S LENS LENS IN TERMS OF DIVERSITY, WHERE WE DO ASSESS AS A COMMISSION.

YES.

I MEAN, WE HAVE MADE CRICKETS ON, YOU KNOW, GIVE HER USE ON, I AM ON THE CULTURE.

I CAN, YOU KNOW, DO WHAT I WAS WORKING ON.

SO THAT'S MAKES NO DIFFERENCE.

I'M JUST SAYING THAT BECAUSE WE JUST HAVE LIMITED ON FUNDS ON ONCE WE GET SOMEBODY WHO'S WILLING TO COME IN AND, AND DO NO CALL FOR US, BUT ANYBODY WHO WOULD BE WILLING TO BET.

OKAY.

OKAY.

THESE ARE GOOD IDEAS.

[00:30:03]

GET TO KNOW THE CONDITIONS A LITTLE BETTER AS, BECAUSE WE'RE ALL ON THIS COMMISSION FOR, UM, WE'RE, WE'RE THE EXPERTS IN OUR FIELD THAT WE'LL BE DOING THIS.

OKAY.

WELL, I'LL HAVE A, UM, DISCUSSION WITH YOLANDA ABOUT WHAT WE DISCUSSED AND WE'LL DEFINITELY TALK ABOUT IT AGAIN NEXT THURSDAY AS A WHOLE, AS A COMMISSION.

AND, UM, HOPEFULLY BASED WITH HER SCHEDULE, BECAUSE I KNOW THAT SHE TEACHES AND DOES SO MANY OTHER THINGS THAT TIME WON'T BE A CONFLICT, BUT WE'LL, WE'LL SEE 30TH.

YEAH.

MARCH 30TH, SIX 30 TO EIGHT.

CORRECT.

AND THEN ONCE WE SEE ALONG TO DR.

RICARDO, AND I'M JUST EXPLAINING TO THEM THE WAY THEY ENTERED, THEY, THEY UNDERSTAND BUDGET.

WE'RE A UNIVERSITY WITH VERY GOOD FUN, BUT WE DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THAT.

OH YES.

THE RECOMMENDED THEM.

DO YOU MIND GIVING THEM LIKE AN UPDATE TO SAY YEAH.

DR.

CLAIRE ON THURSDAY.

SO WHEN WE HAVE OUR STAFF MEETING, I'LL TALK TO HER AFTER THAT.

SO THE DOCTOR.

OKAY.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

ALL RIGHT.

SO ITEM FIVE.

THANK YOU.

SO AGAIN, AT THIS POINT, UM, FOR THE REMAINING FORUMS, THE TOPICS THAT WE BROUGHT UP FOR THE SECOND QUARTER WAS MINORITY HEALTH ISSUES IN BLACK AND BROWN COMMUNITIES THAT WAS REPORTED TWO AND QUARTER THREE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH FOR MINORITY OWNED BUSINESSES.

AND THEN FOR THE FOURTH QUARTER RACISM AS A PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS.

LET ME ASK THE, BOTH OF YOU THIS QUESTION, DO YOU THINK WE CAN STAY ON TASK TO HAVE THREE MORE FORUMS FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR, YOU KNOW, BASED ON OUR FISCAL CONSTRAINTS RIGHT NOW? UM, THOSE DO WE HAVE? HMM, I'M SORRY.

NO, WE DON'T HAVE FUN.

I DON'T KNOW.

WE CAN SPEAKER SPEAK UP FORMS. YEAH.

BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING, I THINK BASED ON THE CIRCUMSTANCE, IF WE CAN HAVE AT LEAST TWO PRODUCTIVE FORUMS IN 2021 AND THE TOPICS FOCUS ON THE TWO MAIN EDUCATIONAL ISSUES THAT WE NEED TO ADDRESS, WHICH ONE WE DISCUSSED THE OTHER, UM, AND WE CAN TAKE A VOTE FROM ME.

WE EITHER BE RACISM AS A PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS OR MINORITY HEALTH ISSUES IN BLACK AND BROWN COMMUNITIES, ESPECIALLY PENDANT YEAH.

RACIST PUBLIC PRICES.

YOU CAN MAKE FREE SPEAKER ON THAT FROM THE BRIEF, THE MIAMI VALLEY, REGIONAL PLANNING, HE'S THEIR CITY LIAISON.

SO MAYBE GET HIM TO SPEAK AS A MEMBER OF THAT REGIONAL COMMITTEES.

WE CAN GET TO COME AND GET THIS SET A LITTLE, OR I DON'T LIKE, I DON'T THINK, I DON'T THINK THAT THAT BEING MET THAT THE RP, I THINK, AS OLD AS IT BEING AN ACTUAL OF THAT, WE DO THAT AND SEE A FEE IF YOU CHARGE A FEE.

OKAY.

AND I'M SORRY, MIA, YOU'RE BREAKING UP A LITTLE BIT.

UM, THE GENTLEMAN'S NAME, I THINK I KNOW WHO YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, BUT I JUST WANT TO HEAR HIS NAME.

IS IT COLD? OH, IS IT CARLTON ELEY? YES.

OKAY.

OKAY.

THANK YOU.

[00:35:01]

AND DID END UP CP, DID THEY WEAR THIS AS A PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS AS WELL? OR MAYBE THEY COULD, THEIR INPUT, MAYBE WE CAN, YOU KNOW, I'M SURE THAT THEY ARE HAVING A DISCUSSION ABOUT THAT BECAUSE I KNOW THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT COVID 19.

AS A MATTER OF FACT, ON THURSDAY, THE NAACP IS HAVING A FORUM AND NATIONAL FORUM THAT TALKS ABOUT WITHIN THE MINORITY COMMUNITIES.

SO I'M SURE THEY WOULD HAVE SOMETHING PERTAIN TO RACISM AS A PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS AS WELL.

UM, IN THESE BOOKS WE GET SPEAKERS WILLING TO VOLUNTEER TO HELP.

OKAY.

YEAH, BECAUSE I JUST FEEL IF WE CAN DO TO, YOU KNOW, THIS YEAR THAT THAT WILL BE PERFECT.

AND THAT WAY WE CAN START PLANNING FOR 20, 22, AS FAR AS, UM, FUNDING AND YOU KNOW, MORE TOPICS AS PART OF OUR SPEAKER SERIES AND JUST PLAN.

UM, AND DO YOU FEEL THAT THE TIME TO HAVE THIS FORUM LET'S SEE, DO YOU WANT TO STICK WITH THE Q4 TIMEFRAME OR MOVE IT A LITTLE BIT INTO THE THIRD QUARTER? WELL, IF WE'RE GOING TO HAVE JUST ONE THAT YOLANDA IS DOING, THIS WAS STILL THE FIRST QUARTER, RIGHT? SO THE ONE, THE NEXT ONE WOULD BE, UM, THE, UH, RACISM, HEALTH CRISIS.

AND I THOUGHT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT MOVING THAT TO THE SECOND QUARTER.

WELL, WELL, WE'RE GOING TO HAVE FOR 20, 21 TO FORMS QUARTERLY FORUM.

SO, UM, IT'S UP TO, I MEAN, THE CONSENSUS OF THE COMMITTEE, IF WE WANT TO ADD THAT THE SECOND QUARTER OR MOVE IT UP TO THE THIRD, WHICH IS THE THIRD QUARTER, UM, AND W AND WE'RE DOING, UM, UH, CULTURAL FESTIVAL IN THE SECOND QUARTER, WHICH IS MAYBE TO PUT IT TO THE THIRD QUARTER.

I MEAN, ESPECIALLY SINCE WE DON'T HAVE THE FUNDING FOR IT, UM, YOU KNOW, MAYBE NOWADAYS WE CAN SECURE SOME FUNDING FROM, YEAH.

YEAH.

I THINK SEPTEMBER, ARE YOU BUSY WITH SCHOOLS GOING BACK AND EVERYTHING, AND THAT TENDS TO BE A BIT IN SPORTS, YOU KNOW, THAT'D BE THE TIME.

I ALWAYS FIND THAT OCTOBER A LITTLE BIT OF A BREAK.

PEOPLE GET BUSY HOLIDAYS.

SO WITH THAT IN MIND, DO WE WANT TO CONSIDER OCTOBER, SO YET YOU HAVE THIS ONE AND THEN JULY, JUNE IS CULTURAL AND THEN POKER WOULD SECOND BLOG SERIES AND THEN TWO SMALLER FOR THE MONTH, WHATEVER.

AND THEN AFTER THAT, SO THAT'S THE THINGS BROKEN UP.

ORDERS ARE FOUR B SO, YES, I AGREE.

I AGREE.

JUST BASED ON, YOU KNOW, THE CONSTRAINTS THAT WE HAVE.

OKAY.

MAYBE GET, LIKE I SAID, FUNDING FOR SENDING THEM OVER.

YEAH.

BECAUSE SPEAKING OF GRANTS, UM, IN THE CITY, THE COMMUNITY RELATIONS MANAGER, IS THAT THE RIGHT TITLE? UM, SARAH WILLIAMS, I'M SORRY.

COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALISTS.

AND THAT'S MS. WILLIAMS PERMIT.

I DON'T KNOW SARAH, SARAH.

SO I BELIEVE THAT'S PART OF HER JOB, UM, DUTIES AS FAR AS PURSUING GRANTS ON BEHALF OF THE VARIOUS COMMISSION BOARDS.

SO WE WOULD NEED TO, YOU KNOW, COMMUNICATE WITH HER AS FAR AS WHAT'S AVAILABLE FOR US TO UTILIZE IN TERMS OF OUR FUTURE PROGRAMS. TIVITY.

[00:40:04]

DID YOU ALL AGREE WITH THAT? I THINK SHE'S, SHE'LL BE, UH, DIFFERENT.

LIKE I HAVE DATABASE THE GRANTS, THAT'D BE VARSITY WHO'S IN OUR HUMANA PROCESS.

IF I CAN PASS ANYTHING THAT WE CAN, I CAN GIVE IT SARAH TO THE LEFT, UM, WILLIAMS LAMBS.

YEAH.

YEAH.

BECAUSE MY CONCERN IS, DO WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH HER FOR, YOU KNOW, GRANTS THAT SHE MAY BE AWARE OF? YOU KNOW, THAT WAS MY QUESTION WHERE WE CAN BRING THE POSE, SO WE MAY FIND OKAY.

UM, THE NEXT ITEM, WEBPAGE WORKING GROUP DISCUSSION, UM, PRETTY MUCH, UM, THAT RECOMMENDATION AS YOU ALL RECALL, WAS BROUGHT FORTH DURING OUR LAST COMMISSION MEETING.

AND YOLANDA DID BRING THAT UP TO CITY COUNCIL AT THE COUNCIL WORK SESSION LAST TUESDAY.

SO THAT WILL BE A WORK IN PROGRESS.

UM, WE MAY NEED TO HAVE, UH, ANOTHER MEETING WITH THE OTHER CHAIRS, UM, FRED, BUT OTHER COMMITTEES TO KIND OF COLLABORATE ON MORE IDEAS THAT WE CAN DISCUSS THAT WITH.

UM, ERIC AND I THINK RHONDA IS THE NEW CHAIR FOR ADVOCACY.

I DON'T THINK, I THINK SO.

WE HAVE TO ASK HER, BUT I BELIEVE THAT, UM, HE IS THE NEW COMMUNICATION, I THINK, TERROR DOWN FOR SHORT, TEMPORARY.

YEAH.

THE PERSONAL REASONS SEND AN EMAIL AMONGST OURSELVES, YOU KNOW, TO CHECK EACH OTHER'S SCHEDULES.

WE'D HAVE A FOLLOWUP DISCUSSION.

YEAH.

WELL, WAIT, WAIT, DID YOU USE THAT FOR THE SCHEDULE? I THINK FEAR FOR PEOPLE I'M STILL TRYING TO GET USED TO GOOGLE DOC.

YES.

OH, THERE'S THAT GROUP MEET? WE DO LARGE MEAT CAUSE WE DID IT AT SCHOOL AND I THINK FREE, SIR.

OKAY.

OKAY.

WELL, I'LL INITIATE, UM, THAT, SO I'LL SEND AN EMAIL A MONTH.

UM, YOU, MYSELF, FRED, ERIC, AND, UM, RHONDA, AS FAR AS SCHEDULING A TIME.

THANKS NEXT ITEM.

UNDER OLD BUSINESS, NEW MEETING DATE AND TIME.

UM, WE AGREED THAT WE'RE GOING TO MEET GOING FORWARD ON THE FOURTH, TUESDAY OF EVERY MONTH FROM SIX 30, UNTIL SEVEN 30.

YEP.

UM, ONE THING THAT I DID WANT TO ASK THE COMMITTEE BASED ON THE HYBRID STRUCTURE, DO WE WANT TO ALTERNATE HAVE A SCHEDULE AS FAR AS ALTERNATING, WHO WOULD PHYSICALLY BE AT CITY HALL OR THE COMMUNITY ROOM, OR AT LEAST ONE PERSON WILL BE PRESENT, UM, WORK FROM HOME AND I'M TRYING TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE.

SO, YEAH, I KNOW, I KNOW I COULD SEE IT AND I WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE WITH THE BOTH OF YOU, BUT, YOU KNOW, TODAY WAS ONE OF THOSE DAYS WHERE I HAD ALL THESE TASKERS TO DO SO.

OKAY.

I JUST, YEAH, I JUST WANTED TO BRING THAT UP BECAUSE

[00:45:01]

I DIDN'T WANT NO ONE TO FEEL BURDEN, TO FEEL LIKE THEY'RE ALWAYS OBLIGATED OR HAVE TO PHYSICALLY BE, YOU KNOW, AT CITY HALL OR THE COMMUNITY ROOM.

NOT AT ALL.

I'VE BEEN MARRIED 30 YEARS BECAUSE I'VE WORKED 30 MINUTES AWAY FROM WHERE I LIVE.

THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO DECOMPRESS ALL OF THIS BEING TOGETHER ALL THE TIME.

LIKE, AH, YOU'RE STILL, WE RECORD THIS AREN'T WE? YES, SIR.

SO I'M OKAY.

ALBEIT IN-PERSON AS LONG AS WE HAVE.

OKAY.

OKAY.

SOUNDS GOOD.

OKAY.

UM, WE'VE GOT 10 MORE MINUTES.

UM, NEW BUSINESS, WE PRETTY MUCH DISCUSSED AS FAR AS THE REMAINING FORUMS FOR THE YEAR.

SO WE AGREED THAT FOR 2021 FOR THE FIRST QUARTER, WE WILL HAVE AS PART OF OUR DIALOGUE ON DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION SERIES, THE FIRST QUARTER FORUM WOULD BE A DISCUSSION IN TERMS OF BIASES AND PREJUDICES, A MATSON MINORITY, AND MAJORITY COMMUNITY.

UM, WE'LL HAVE A DEFINITE TITLE ONCE, YOU KNOW, TALK TO YOLANDA ABOUT THAT.

AND THEN FOR THE BIGGEST START THE FOURTH QUARTER, ANYWAY, YES, THE RACISM AS A PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS FORUM.

AND WE'LL REACH OUT TO MR. COLTON ELEY TO SEE IF HE CAN BE OUR FACILITATOR FOR THAT DISCUSSION.

AND IF HE CANNOT DO IT, HE MAY BE ABLE TO GET SOMEBODY ELSE WHO CAN AND BE SINCERE.

IF WE'RE APPROACHING IT FROM A HEALTH CRISIS STANDPOINT, I MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET SOMEBODY FROM LAND GRANT, UM, THAT THEY CAN GET ONE OF THE USDA AGENCIES, UH, INVOLVED.

THEY LIKE DOING THAT KIND OF STUFF BEFORE.

SO THEY LEFT WITH THESE COMMUNITY OPPORTUNITIES TO ENGAGE WITH GROUPS OF PEOPLE.

SO YOU SAID LAND GRANT.

SO THE 1890 LAND GRANT INSTITUTION, ALL OF THIS I NEEDED, THEY TRIED TO, I DON'T WANT TO SAY, GET RID OF THAT MIGHT NOT BE A BIG, DIFFERENT WE CAN OUT.

UM, I MEAN THEY'RE ASIAN, THERE'S, UM, LATINO, THERE'S THREE STATES.

SO I CAN TAKE A LOOK THROUGH, THROUGH THE CONNECTIONS AND DATE, BECAUSE I KNOW THOSE ARE THE SPEAKER THAT WAS WORK WITH NICOLE, YOU KNOW, WITH RACISM AND THE MEDICAL AND ALL THAT KIND OF STUFF TOO.

SO WE CAN, WE CAN READ THEM, I'LL READ THEM ON MY NECK.

OKAY.

AND OUT, CAUSE I BELONG TO THE DAYTON CHAPTER OF NAACP AND A LOT OF MASONIC BROTHERS, FRED, AND IT'S JUST STARS AND STORE WHORES THAT BELONGS WELL.

AND I CAN SEE IT.

THEY EITHER ARE GOING TO HAVE THE SAME TYPE OF, UM, DISCUSSION AND HAVE, YOU KNOW, A POSSIBLE, UM, REFERENCE WITH THE SPEAKER THAT WE CAN USE.

SO I'LL USE THAT RESOURCE.

WHAT HAVE WE, UM, LET'S SEE, WELL, THIS ONE GOES REALLY WELL WHEN WE START BUILDING THIS AS A REGULAR SERIES FOR THE CITY, THIS CHILD WHO, THAT WE COULD COLLABORATE, LIKE WITH THE DATE AND NATURE TO, WITH THEIR TALKS.

I DON'T KNOW ERIC FIELDS HE'S ON, IN THE SAME 40 AS YOU TALK TO CARTER.

SO THEY DO TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

SO I DO A LOT OF WORK WITH THEM, BUT THAT'S AN ORBIT WE CAN PARTNER WITH BECAUSE I KNOW THAT THEY LOOK AT AND THAT WOULD BE, I THINK, WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE CITY OF DAYTON AND CITY HEIGHTS HAVE A COLLABORATION AND HAVE A LONGER DIALOGUE AND MORE PEOPLE.

AND THEN LIKE, I KNOW THERE'S ALSO, THERE MAY BE INTERESTED IN COLLABORATING WITH THE CITY AND THINGS.

SO, I MEAN, THIS IS SOMETHING I THINK DOWN THE LINE, I'M NOT SAYING NECESSARILY THIS YEAR, BUT A GOAL FOR THIS RACE TO HAVE IT, WE HAVE A COLLABORATION WITH THE CITIES AND THEN THAT MAY BE MECHANISM WITH FUNDING BECAUSE BY THEN WE'LL HAVE AN IT PERSON AND THEN HAVE MAYBE FUNDING AND SOURCES WITHOUT, WITH WHEN WE COLLABORATE, REACH OUT TO OTHER AREAS, OTHER CITIES.

YES.

I DEFINITELY AGREE WITH THAT BECAUSE OTHER CITIES

[00:50:01]

LIKE TROTWOOD, THEY HAVE A PROCLAMATION DECLARING RACISM AS A PUBLIC HEALTH ISSUE.

SO YEAH.

SO IT'D BE GOOD TO PARTNER WITH THE OTHER SURROUNDING CITIES IN DAYTON, YOU KNOW, ON THIS, UM, TOPIC.

OKAY.

ALL RIGHT.

ITEM SEVEN B UM, WE PRETTY MUCH DISCUSSED THAT, UM, FAR AS OUR TWO FORUMS FOR THE YEAR AND A HALF, THE FIRST ONE IN MARCH.

AND THEN THE SECOND ONE OCTOBER, WE'LL BE WORKING ON, UM, DEFINITE DATE FOR OCTOBER.

I'VE GOT A COUPLE OF DAYS WE NEED TO AVOID.

SO WE THOUGHT IT'S IN THE MIDDLE.

RIGHT? THIS WAS SOMETHING THAT WE DO IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK.

YES.

OKAY.

WE'VE GOT FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL TRYING TO GET BACK OUT AFTER EVERYBODY THAT'S MADE THEM HEARD.

YES.

HOMECOMING.

YES.

OKAY.

UM, NEXT, ARE THERE ANY FINAL COMMENTS? NOPE.

WELL, I JUST WANT TO SAY, I APPRECIATE THE, BOTH OF YOU AS FAR AS YOUR IDEAS.

I KNOW THAT BASED ON THESE CONSTRAINTS, YOU KNOW, WE HAVE TO WORK AROUND THAT, TO DO WHAT WE, YOU KNOW, GET OURSELVES TO DO, DO THIS COMMISSION.

WE WILL, YOU KNOW, KEEP THOSE BOOKS.

WELL, WE HAVE MEETING NEXT WEEK WITH UP SPEAKING AS THE COMMISSION.

IF NOT, I'M GOING TO SIGN UP AS A, AS A, AS A PAYER RESIDENT THAT YOU ARE NOT SUPPORTING COUNSEL.

I MEAN, I JUST, I JUST FINGERS NOT WANTING ALL THIS STUFF.

OH, MAY I HAVE A MOTION TO ADJOURN? THE HOOPER HEIGHTS EDUCATION.

I'M SORRY.

PEOPLE HEIGHTS CULTURE AND DIVERSITY IS AN ACTION COMMISSION.

EDUCATION COMMITTEE IS ADJOURNED AT 7:26 PM ON FEBRUARY 23RD, 2021.

THANK YOU.

I'LL HAVE THESE MINUTES TO YOU A LITTLE SOONER THAN I DID.

OH, NOT THAT LONG WAS THAT? NO, THAT'S NOT.

OKAY.

YOU NORMALLY I DO MINUTES.

CAUSE I'M GOING TO KEEP RECORDS AND SEAL FOR MY CHAPTER.

I'LL BE REALLY BE DONE WITH THE MINUTES LIKE THAT.

OH REALLY? OKAY.

YEAH.

BECAUSE LIKE WHEN WE HAPPEN TO MEET AND I'LL SIT THERE AND WATCH WHILE I'M LISTENING, TYPING IN THE MINUTES AND THEY'VE DONE LITERALLY BEFORE TO MEET, SOON AS ME OVER, I TYPED IN THAT I MIGHT READ THROUGH IT, BUT THE NEXT THAT IS GONE, I'M LIKE, I'M DONE WITH IT.

OH YEAH.

THAT'S WHAT I'D HAVE TO DO.

YOU KNOW, WHEN IT COMES TO MEETINGS LIKE THIS, I'D RATHER EAT SOMETHING OFF MY PLATE BECAUSE I HAVE ANOTHER ORGANIZATION.

I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING.

SO EVERYTHING YOU ARE IN LIKE EVERY, UH, UH, HOUSE OF MESA POSSIBLE.

UH, NO NANA TELL YOU NOW I'M NO LONGER AN OLD LADY RULER FOR MIAMI SIMPLY.

I'M A PASS MAN.

I'M JUST A MEMBER.

YEAH.

AND YEAH.

YEAH.

BUT, UM, RONDA'S GONNA KEEP IT A LATE, THAT'S IT? YEAH.

I DON'T HOLD ANY, UM, OFFICERS NOW FOR DELTA NOR EASTERN STAR BECAUSE OF THIS COMMITMENT.

UM, AND I'M TREASURER FOR BLACKS AND GOVERNMENT LIQUIDATE AND CHAT.

NO, THAT'S ENOUGH.

A COUPLE OF THINGS THEY ASKED ME TO BE PART OF AND I'M LIKE, I CAN'T, I CAN'T DO ALL THE STUFF AFTER WORK.

I'M TRYING TO, YOU KNOW, TAKING MY DEGREE AND MY MBA AND MASTER OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION.

[00:55:02]

SO I'M TRYING TO GET DONE TAKING CALLS AND THEN I DON'T WORK FOR THE HOUR.

I LIKE JUST BAM IT WHENEVER IT IS.

SO IT'S, YOU KNOW, IT'S WEIRD BECAUSE MY CLASSES ARE ALL ONLINE AND I FEEL SO GUILTY IN BETWEEN NINE AND FIVE.

IF I'M NOT DOING SOMETHING TO ENGAGE IN THAT, BECAUSE I STILL HAD THAT ADMINISTRATION MINDSET WHERE I HAVE TO BE WORKING THIS TIME.

BUT THEN EIGHT AND NINE POCKET, ALL OF MY STUDENTS ARE BUSY.

THEY'RE ENGAGED, THEY'RE IN THE PLAQUE WHERE IT'S LIKE CLEANING MY SOUL.

LIKE FIRST THING IN THE MORNING, EIGHT, 11.

I'M NOT THE STUDENT.

SO I'M NOT THE DEALER OTHER THAN EMAIL OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

AND THEN LIKE FIVE OR SIX O'CLOCK THAT'S WHEN YOU GET TEXTS, EMAILS, CALLS, THAT'S ACTIVE.

THE ONE IN THE MORNING YOU STARTED GETTING ALL THESE EMAILS LIKE, WELL, AND I'M LIKE, BECAUSE ANY TYPE OF REPRESENTATION WILL GET THE CENTER COMMITTEE, ALL OF THE COMMITTEE COMMITTEE, IT'S LIKE, OH GOSH.

SO WHEN DOES THE, UM, CAUSE RIGHT.

STAY IN CENTRAL STATE.

ARE THEY ON SEMESTERS? YES.

IT'S, IT'S CRAZY.

I MEAN, WE HAVE THIS ONLINE PROGRAM.

THAT'S, I MEAN, IT'S GROWING FASTER THAN I THINK THE UNIVERSITY CAN KEEP UP WITH.

WE'RE WE'RE GETTING THERE SORTA PROGRAM CENTRAL STATE.

OUR PRESIDENT ANNOUNCED IT AT THE FACULTY SENATE MEETING LAST WEEK.

HE'S GOING TO DO, WE'RE GOING TO STATE AGAIN, BECAUSE FOR SOME REASON WE HAVE PROGRAMS, WE'RE THE LARGEST PUBLIC WE HAVEN'T, WHILE YOU MIGHT BE GETTING RESISTANCE.

I I, YEAH, DEFINITELY.

SOMEDAY WE'LL TALK ABOUT IT.

I HEARD SOME STORIES, BUT I THINK THE PRESIDENTS ARE IN THE WORK TOGETHER THAT YOU'RE GOING TO BE REMOTE.

OKAY.

WELL SHE'S HERE.

WE CAN GO AHEAD AND START THIS MEETING SEVEN 30 TO FIVE MINUTES.

SO LET'S CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER SAY THERE'S A PRESENT, THERE'LL BE FOUR PEOPLE, UH, UH, W THAT THE MOTION TO ADOPT THE AGENDA MOTION SECOND, ANY ALREADY IN THE OPPOSITION TO THE MOTION UNANIMOUS.

THANK YOU.

UM, SO WE DON'T HAVE APPROVE THE MINUTES, THIS MEETING.

SO SAY, UH, THE MINUTES WERE DISSEMINATED.

ANYBODY HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE MINUTES OF FEBRUARY TWO, 20, 25 MINUTES.

OKAY.

ALL RIGHT.

WELL, UH, I HAVE, UH, OH FIVE, EIGHT BLACK HISTORY MONTH ESSAY CONTEST.

UM, YOU LOOK AT THE AGENDA, A COUPLE OF THINGS THAT I DID WANT TO DISCUSS, UH, UH, MONEY AND HOPING KATIE WILL BE IN THE ROOM.

I WAS SOMEWHERE AROUND, LIKE SHE WAS LAST TIME.

THAT IS NOT THE CASE.

I WANTED TO FIND OUT IF WE HAD COLLECTED, UM, ALL OF THE, THE FUNDS THAT WERE COMMITTED OR PLEDGED HERE.

[01:00:06]

AND I WOULD TAKE A, THE KATIE'S COME TOMORROW.

SHE'S NOT, I DON'T KNOW WHERE SHE MIGHT BE IN THE OTHER ONE.

IF SHE IS, I CAN STOP OVER THERE.

AND IF THERE'S CARS , DID WE HAVE 500 PLANT PROMISED? I MEAN, MORE THAN THAT, UM, YOU KNOW, AND IT WAS, UH, ABOUT, UM, THAT WAS THE CHEAPY GRACEFULLY.

OKAY.

FEBRUARY WE TOOK A PICTURE OF THE ENVELOPE.

OKAY.

SO THERE WAS THE 150 200, THREE 53 75.

HE GAVE US TWO 50 TO 225, 51 12.

SO YEAH, WE GOT, WE GOT ALL OF WHAT WE NEED.

OKAY.

YEAH.

RIGHT.

SO LET THE MINUTES REFLECT THAT ALL OF WHAT WE NEEDED FOR THE ESSAY COPY CONTENTS WAS COMMITTED.

UM, BUT INDIVIDUALS AND GROUPS, UH, JUSTIN, I'M WAITING FOR SOME REASON, I DID RECEIVE AN EMAIL FROM MS. EDWARDS LAST THURSDAY, TO WHICH I RESPONDED.

UH, SHE ADDS, UH, NLA, PA.

WE HAD THAT, AND THAT'S JUST A HIGHER, UH, ACADEMICIAN IN ME.

AND QUARTER A WEEK, WE COULD BACK UP AND NOT REQUIRE THEM TO WRITE AN APA OR MLA FORMAT.

I THOUGHT FOR WHATEVER REASON THAT AT THAT AGE, EACH DAY, WE'RE AT LEAST INTRODUCING EMAIL, I GUESS.

SO THEY MAY NOT HAVE MS. SO I GAVE HER MY GOOGLE ADDRESS AND TOLD THEM TO PUT IT ON GOOGLE DOCS AND SEND IT TO ME THAT WAY.

UM, BUT, UH, AND I THINK THAT'S THE SAME THING THAT LISTENS TO US.

SO I HAVE ACCESS TO GOOGLE DOCS IF THEY SEND IT TO ME, IT'LL COME THROUGH AS AN EMAIL.

RIGHT.

SO AS A, UH, AS A, UH, DISTRICT AMONGST THE MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE, SO WE CAN START EVALUATING THEM AND, AND LIKE IN THE NEWSLETTER FOR THE SCHOOL.

YEAH.

YEAH.

ALONDA HAD SOME CONVERSATIONS WITH SOME FOLKS ABOUT THE LETTER, ABOUT YOUR SON, HIS AGE GROUP.

IT SHOULD HAVE, UH, SHE SAID HE WAS WASN'T IT, HE WAS GOING THROUGH SOME STUFF HE HAS AND SAID, HEY, OH, HERE IT IS.

SO HE HAD IT ON AN ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATE OR WHATEVER, AND IT WAS IMMEDIATE ACCESSIBLE.

SO THEY SENT IT, UM, YEAH, I'M TRYING TO, SHE SPOKE WITH, UH, I DON'T REMEMBER, BUT IT WAS, YOU SAW SO THAT THAT'S BETTER THAN I SAW THE, UH, THE COMMUNICATION AS WELL.

SO IT'S, IT'S BEING COMMUNICATED.

THOSE CHALLENGES THE STUDENTS HAVE WERE WORKED OUT AND HOPEFULLY WE'LL START SEEING SOME, UM, SOME SUBMISSIONS HERE PRETTY SOON.

WHAT'S TODAY, THE 23RD.

YES.

YEAH, YEAH.

HOPEFULLY WE'LL START SEEING THOSE SOON.

I THINK YOLANDA DID GET A QUESTION ON ONE OF OUR POSTS ABOUT BETHEL SCHOOLS.

I GUESS SOMEBODY WAS INTERESTED IN THEIR BETHEL STUDENT.

AND WE DID TELL HER THAT THE INITIAL CONTENT, AND WE ONLY OPENED IT TO A SMALLER GROUP RIGHT NOW, WHICH IS WHAT HUBER HEIGHTS, CITY SCHOOLS.

WE WILL THAT IN THE FUTURE FOR FUTURE THINGS TO OPENING IT UP WIDER.

AND THEY WERE WITH THAT.

SO I THINK IF WE'RE DOING THIS IN THE FALL, IF WE DO ANOTHER ESSAY CONTEST FOR HISPANIC MODEL OR WHATEVER THE CASE MAY BE IN THE FALL, THEN HE MIGHT BE ABLE TO SOLICIT SOME, UH, SOME FUNDS FROM DIFFERENT ORGANIZATIONS, WHICH MAY HELP US A LITTLE BIT AS FAR AS, UH, UH, COMING UP WITH THE PRIZE MONEY OTHER THAN OLD SCRAPE AND SCROUNGE MONSTER COMMITTEE MEMBERS.

BUT, YOU KNOW, WE GOT IT TOGETHER AND, AND HOPEFULLY WE WON'T HAVE TO DO THAT.

SO THAT IS THE BLACK HISTORY MONTH ESSAY CONTEST.

AND LIKE I SAID, AS SOON AS I START GETTING SUBMISSIONS, I'LL SEND THEM OUT TO MEMBERS OF REALLY, SO WE CAN HAVE AN EVEN DISTRIBUTION OF, UH, OF A, TO T SCORE

[01:05:01]

ITEM B STATUS OF THE HUBER HEIGHTS CULTURE FESTIVAL, JUNE 12TH, 2020 FROM TWO TO SIX.

I DON'T KNOW, HAVING A HARD TIME REMEMBERING THAT FOUR HOUR.

YES, THAT'S IT.

OKAY.

SO IT'S NEAR 2021.

UM, SO LET'S, LET'S HAVE A CONVERSATION ABOUT THE BUDGET AND I KNOW, AND THIS IS APART FROM ANY OTHER THAN MY OWN CONCEPTION.

I, I'M NOT, UH, PROBABLY AS EMERGED IN FINANCES AS YOU ARE JEAN.

HOWEVER, I DO, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE, UM, YOU KNOW, WHAT, WHAT WE ALLOCATE FOR FUNDS, CAUSE I'VE NEVER DONE THIS CAMERA EVENT BEFORE.

OH, I DID SET THAT.

WE GOT THAT FROM ROB.

I SET THAT WHEN WE HAD TO SUBMIT IT TO YOLANDA, WE BROKE UP THAT THE, UM, WHAT'D THEY HAVE LAST YEAR FOR, UM, THE MARIGOLD FESTIVALS THAT THEY FIT FOR.

AND I SENT THAT TO YOU.

I SENT THAT TO YOU AND I BROKE IT DOWN BY BAND SPEAKERS, PRINTING AND THINGS LIKE THAT.

THEY'RE GOING TO ADOPT THAT BUDGET FOR THIS EVENT.

RIGHT.

AND WHAT, WHAT, WHAT IS THAT? YEAH.

YEAH.

ACTUALLY, I DON'T KNOW WHAT WAS PROPOSED AT LEAST WHAT THEY WANT TO GET CRASHED FOR THIS INSTEAD.

IT'S NO ONE GIVING YOU MONEY FOR HIM.

I THINK WE NEED TO HAVE, UM, BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT'S SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN LAST YEAR.

SO WE'RE JUST, WE MISSED THE OPENING THIS YEAR.

THE COVID COULDN'T OPEN IT.

SO THAT MIGHT NEED THAT, THAT THEY HAD ALLOCATED FOR THAT LAST YEAR.

WE SHOULD.

OKAY.

SO WHEN THE YEAR IN, SO DOES THE BUDGET, AND THEN THERE'S KNOWN THAT THEY ROLL THAT TO THE BUDGET FOR THIS YEAR.

THEY DID.

I NORMALLY, THEY NORMALLY GIVE THE EXACT EVERY FOR THE EVENTS AS THE SAME EVERY, AND THEN I KNOW WE'RE GOING TO RAISE FUNDS, BUT WE CAN'T BE DEPENDING UPON THAT'S, YOU KNOW, THAT WE HAVE THAT EXTRA ON TOP OF THINGS, BUT, OKAY.

SO THE, SO THAT WAS MY QUESTION.

SO BASICALLY NIA, THE BUDGET THAT WAS SET FOR 2020, THE AMERICA FESTIVAL THAT SIMPLIFICATION HAD PROPOSED, WE'RE GOING TO USE THAT SAME BUDGET FOR THE, UM, CULTURAL DIVERSITY COMMISSION FOR 2020.

YEAH.

IT'S VERY SIMILAR.

I'M GOING, I'M LOOKING AT EXACTLY.

WHAT WOULD YOU EXPECT A MIRACLE THAT'S WHEN HE SENT A, HE SENT ACTUAL BUDGETS FOR 2019 AND 28TH SEASON FOR THE MARIGOLD FESTIVAL, JUST TO KIND OF GIVE US A BASELINE.

SO THEY SPENT 3000 HUNDRED AND 82 AND 28, 13, 19 300.

AND WE ASKED FOR 5,000 FOR THIS CULTURE FESTIVAL, RIGHT THERE IS THE BUDGET.

I KNOW I SENT IT TO YOU.

YOU ASKED ME TO ASK THAT, DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN YOU MAY HAVE SAID, THIS IS WHAT I BROKE IT DOWN TO? THAT WAS PRIOR TO I ME, LET ME LOOK MY EMAIL BECAUSE I SENT IT TO YOU, FRED.

LET'S SEE.

OKAY.

SO TO GET A BUDGET AND PUT OUT, I CAN DO THAT.

IF I HAVE IT JUST PUT THE NAME OF IT IS JUST CHECKING THE BOX FOR ME AND JUST MAKE SURE THAT WE HAVE THE BUDGET AND THEN SEND THAT TO YOLANDA SO SHE CAN MOVE THAT SO THEY CAN SEE EXACTLY WHAT WE ARE GOING TO SPLIT AT THAT.

SO WHEN THEY START HAVING THESE QUESTIONS, WHEN THE DOOR IS CLOSED ABOUT, UM, BUDGETS, AT LEAST THEY'LL HAVE A BETTER, A MORE CONCRETE IDEA OF LINE BY LINE.

WHAT WE NEED, WHAT WE NEED EXACTLY.

IS THAT CORRECT? RIGHT NAME? AND WE CAN ALWAYS ASK FOR MORE, IF WE HAVEN'T JUST A BASELINE, WHAT WE THINK WE MIGHT NEED.

UH, SO KIND OF THE SAME TO MIA,

[01:10:04]

TURN IT DOWN A LITTLE BIT.

MAYBE THAT'LL HELP.

YEAH.

LIKE BANDS AND ENTERTAINMENT.

YOU KNOW, WE MAY NOT NEED AS MUCH MONEY AS THEY NEEDED FOR BLACK.

THE MAYOR GOES BECAUSE THE GROUPS WILL PROVIDE THAT.

SO THERE MAY BE SOME GROUPS THAT MAY SAY THEY WANT SOMETHING.

WE DID, WE DIDN'T PAY PEOPLE.

WE SAID, WE'LL GIVE YOU A DONATION.

SO, AND I THINK THAT'S, WHAT'S IMPORTANT.

WE'RE NOT LOOKING TO PAY PEOPLE TO PERFORM, YOU KNOW, IN ORDER FOR THEM TO GET A FREE BOOTH SPACE, THEN THEY WOULD BE ABLE TO PROVIDE A UP OR A PERFORMANCE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

ANY THINGS FOR THOSE THINGS.

SO HOW MUCH ARE WE CHARGING FOR THEM? WE'RE NOT, IT'S AN INITIAL FIRST ONE AND OUGHTA BE OUR COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION THAT DID NOT HAVE A CHANCE TO FUNDRAISE BECAUSE OF THE PANDEMIC IN THE FUTURE, AS WE'RE POPULAR, THEN WE CAN CHARGING THAT.

BUT I THINK THINKING, I GAVE A THING, I'M LIKE, I KNOW IT'S IN HERE SOMEWHERE.

WELL, RHONDA MENTIONED GIVE THEM THE BOOTH SPACE FREE.

AND THAT'S THE FIRST TIME I HEARD ALLUSION TO CHARGE HIM SPACE.

AND I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE THAT IF WE WERE CHARGING THEM, WE DIDN'T.

NO.

UM, BUT I DO THINK IT WOULD BE NICE SINCE IT IS OUR 40TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY.

AND SINCE THIS IS OUR FIRST, IF WE LIKE, BUT SO BAG, MAYBE A MUG, SOMETHING THAT PEOPLE CAN USE, IT CAN BECOME LIKE ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE CITY AND THEN ANYTHING, WE WOULD GET THOSE PUT BACK IN COMMUNITY, YOU GET THE, NOT SOME POSSIBLE VENDORS, ALSO COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS AND $25 PROFIT VENDORS.

THAT WOULD BE FOOD TRUCKS BECAUSE THEY'RE TAKING MONEY OFF OF THIS EVENT.

SO I WAS THINKING, THAT'S WHAT I WAS THINKING IS A POSSIBLE FEE IS FREE FOR NOT FOR NON-PROFIT WORKS.

AND THEN 25 FOR PROFIT VENDOR WHERE SOME BUSINESSES ARE COMING AND WE WERE SELLING